God is on the move and we’re ‘standing in the gap’ together for our nation! Thank you for faithfully committing strategic time in prayer each week, as a part of this NatRenew army of warriors for our nation!
This week, we’re finishing out our 7 points of prayer for the nation with the last three targets. Let’s pray for these together!
( Review Part I )
5. Ask God to teach us how to disciple this entire nation for Him.
The Great Commission was not just a command to disciple people; it was a command to disciple nations.
Matthew 28:18-20 says:
"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' Amen."
- Pray that God will show us how to influence entire nations for Him
- Pray for Christians in each sphere of society--media, arts, business, government, religion, etc.--to walk in their assignment and use their influence for God’s purpose
- Pray for the Center for National Renewal – a cornerstone of our mission is to educate/disciple this nation from its capital
6. Pray for the hearts of parents to turn back to their children, and the hearts of the children to turn back to their parents.
Malachi 4:5-6 says, "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."
- Pray for God to pour out His Spirit upon the families of our nation
- Pray for reconciliation between fathers and mothers – parents and children
- Pray that governmental structures would incentivize and support God’s plan for the family and protect children, who are His heritage
7. Pray that America would become a nation that protects and shelters God's people.
According to Matthew 25:31-36, "sheep nations" are those nations who bless, protect, and care for Jesus' brothers and sisters. "Goat nations" are those who do not—they will be judged by God when Jesus returns.
- Pray that America would again become a safe place for the Gospel to be preached
- Pray that America would protect and care for all of God's people, and that we would remain free to preach and live Biblical truths
- Pray that our nation’s laws would reflect God’s truth and justice
I know that you love our country and want to see it brought into the fullness of God’s plan – I do too! Together, every prayer we pray is a seed with multiplied impact – sown into the heavens for national breakthrough. From our knees, we are making an eternal difference. Thank you for partnering with us!