I’m so honored to have YOU standing with ME in prayerful agreement for our nation’s turnaround! This week and next, I want us to unite together in 7 points of prayer over our nation. God can turn our nation back to Himself, and through our prayer, we can ignite a renewal in our land.
Today, I’m giving you the first 4 points to fuel your prayer this week. Next week, we’ll cover the last three. Join me in praying these four scriptures over our nation! Help us spread the word grab one of the shareable and post on your social media channels to recruit others to join you in prayer!
1. Pray for our leaders at the federal, state, and local levels.
1 Timothy 2:1-2 says, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."
How do we intercede for our leaders?
- That our leaders would know God and serve Him;
- That God would give them wisdom and surround them with godly counselors;
- That they would stand boldly and courageously in the face of evil, without backing down from righteousness; and
- That they would have ears to hear God's instruction and eyes to see His strategies.
2. Pray for God's people to turn back to Him.
2 Chronicles 7:14 says: "... if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
This promise is not contingent upon lost people coming to Jesus. It's completely dependent upon us--God's people--humbling ourselves, praying, seeking God's face, and turning from our wicked ways!
- Pray for revival in the Church
- Pray for Christians everywhere to get right with God; to return to their first love; and to seek Jesus with all their hearts.
3. Pray for God's people to love and serve America again in practical ways.
Proverbs 11:11 says, "By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted, but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked."
If a city can be lifted up when God's people bless it, how much more will a nation?
For example, pray:
- For individuals whom God is calling to run for office to answer that call;
- For people to answer God's call to become entrepreneurs, providing jobs for others;
- For Christians to get involved in civic duties, so they witness for Jesus in those spaces;
- For more believers to stand with us at the Center For National Renewal to fuel God’s work in our nation’s capital
4. Ask God to raise up the leaders He wants in office, and to bring down the leaders He doesn’t want in office.
The Bible tells us specifically that it is one of God's jobs to promote certain people, according to His choosing, and to bring others down.
Psalm 75:6-7 says, "For exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the Judge: He puts down one, and exalts another."
Also, Daniel 2:20-21 says, "Daniel answered and said: 'Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding."
Therefore, when you pray, ask God to raise up and bless every leader who suits His purposes for our nation -- and to bring down every leader who does not.
I am confident that God hears our prayer, is ANSWERING our prayer, and is setting the stage for another Great Awakening! YOU are a significant part of what God is doing because YOU are sowing seeds of faith and prayer. Thank you for remembering to pray for us and for our continual work here in Washington through the Center for National Renewal.