This week – and next – I’m calling us to band together in concerted prayer for God to bring an outpouring of UNITY in our nation. There are many issues of concern, problems to confront, and decisions ahead for our nation, so we may experience a genuine and lasting renewal. However, NOTHING will more significantly impact our nation for good, than an outpouring of a spirit of UNITY. In fact, it will be the theme of this year’s National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
I want to share 5 areas of prayer focus relating to our plea for unity. I’ll give you 4 THIS WEEK and the last next week, along with the National Prayer that thousands around the country will be praying on May 3rd.
JOIN ME IN PRAYER THIS WEEK!
1. UNITY IN AMERICA
“Making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:3
- The present spiritual crisis in America is calling us to pray for and take all necessary actions to come together as a nation.
- God is the only One who can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America; therefore, we look only to Him in prayer.
- Call upon God to empower us to make every effort to live in unity, call for unity, and pursue unity in America continually.
2. UNITY IN THE CHURCH OF AMERICA
“Now I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, and that you be united with the same understanding and the same conviction.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
- God is calling His church in America to unify upon the authority of the Bible and the centrality of Jesus Christ, the only Savior of the world.
- Ask God for thousands of local churches to unify as one body of Christ, agreeing together that God is our greatest need in America.
- Call upon God for Jesus’ Church in America to walk in unity, harmony, and oneness, so His Church personifies, calls, and leads America to unity.
3. UNITY IN THE FAMILIES, WORKPLACES, COMMUNITIES, AND CITIES IN AMERICA.
“Also, the power of God was at work in Judah to unite them to carry out the command of the king and his officials by the word of the Lord.” 2 Chronicles 30:12
- God’s power upon us is the only source to unite our families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America.
- Call families, workplaces, communities, and cities to look to our only King, Jesus Christ, who is not only the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but also the Prince of Peace who can unify us.
- Pray for America’s families, workplaces, communities, and cities. It is the spiritual energy that leads to forgiveness, reconciliation, healing, and unity.
4. UNITY AMONG ALL ETHNICITIES AND PEOPLE IN AMERICA.
“For he is our peace, who made both groups one and tore down the dividing wall of hostility.” Ephesians 2:14
- Since each of us is made in the image of God, we each bear His image regardless of the color of our skin or the uniqueness of our ethnicity.
- Through the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, He has torn down the wall of division among all ethnicities and people.
- In God alone, we unify and live in peace with one another; standing as one people against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as sin and not God’s will for us.
Jesus, we thank You that YOU have made us ONE (Jn. 17:21). Let a spirit of UNITY be poured out upon this nation – bringing renewal to our land.
Remove the walls that divide us! We cast them down! We cast down strongholds of strife, division, and discord – political division, racial prejudice, and injustice, division in our homes and places of influence.
We command walls to fall in Jesus’ Name! Let the oil of Your anointing flow across this nation! Command Your blessing upon this land as we turn to You!
Get your faith up! Ramp up your prayers for this nation and let’s believe together for an outpouring of God’s presence to bridge divided hearts! Thanks again for standing with me and supporting our work here in the nation’s capital. We’re in this together!